We too have closely followed the developments surrounding the corona virus.
The government has announced a package of measures via RIVM. The KNLTB and the KNBB have formulated additional guidelines for tennis and billiard clubs on how we should deal with the consequences of the virus until March 31.
In short: all matches, internal tournaments and club meetings scheduled in March cannot take place.
What does this mean for our tenants and other visitors to the park in this period?
- LTC Startbaan meetings will not be held for the time being. Members have been separately informed about this by the board.
- Club meetings of most billiard clubs are canceled. In this sense, we have been informed by billiards association RBCA, De Doorstoters, De Vriendschap and Ons Geneasure. Members of associations not mentioned here should turn to their own board. Unfortunately the 3-band tournament of March 14 has also been canceled, a new date is being sought.
Because tennis and billiards are not contact sports, our park and the Sport Cafe will remain open to members and visitors until further notice. It is therefore allowed to play tennis and billiards. The lessons also continue as usual, in the opinion of the associations and the trainers involved.
The guidelines of the RIVM will have to be observed. We ask all those present at the park to take responsibility for complying with these guidelines. That is in the interest of everyone’s health. The point is that this jointly slows down the spread of the virus.
Free play takes place at your own risk. Neither the foundation nor the associations can be held liable in case of unexpected illness.
Finally, the RIVM guidelines once again:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow
- Use tissue paper
- Do not shake hands
- Only use your own bottle / water bottle
- For coughs, sore throats and colds, stay home with or without fever.
- Additional advice from us: do not sit too close together in the Sports Café!
It has been agreed with the employees of the Sportcafé Startbaan that they do extra rounds to clean areas of risk such as doorknobs, washbasin taps and toilets. We would also like to emphasize that the occupation of the Sports Café may not always be optimal in the near future. For this we ask for your understanding.
All measures apply provisionally until April 1. Updates are posted on the sites of the association and the foundation.