The long-awaited renovation of the clay courts will start next winter. The following activities are planned:
- Replacement of the almost 50 year old fencing
- Replacement of the park entrance gate
- Moving from lane 2 towards lane 1 so that lanes 1 and 2, like the other lanes, form one lane block.
- Renewing the gravel top layer. (Extensive research has shown that the bottom layer of the gravel is still in excellent condition)
- Refresh the intermediate tile paths between the lanes
- Raising the wide tiled path between lanes 4 and 5, so that a second terrace is created there. The layout of the new terrace is still being discussed.
- Move the practice cage/mini-lane backwards on the path between lane 12 and lane 8.
- Preparatory ground work for the installation of 2 padel courts at the current practice cage.
This list lacks the renewal of the pavement while the asphalt looks bad here and there. The reason is that the future renovation of the clubhouse will require a lot of construction work with heavy equipment. This could potentially damage the new pavement. The paving work is therefore pushed back in the construction process. Where necessary, we will make provisional repairs to the asphalt.
Construction work started on November 23 with the demolition of the fencing. Due to this early start, the work for the new season will be completed.
It is intended that in the spring Park Startbaan will also be equipped with 2 padel courts. These can only be delivered later. The demand for padel courts in the Netherlands is very high…