Renovation of outdoor courts
The long-awaited renovation of the clay courts will start in the winter of 2020-2021. The following activities are planned:
- Replacement of the almost 50 year old fence
- Replacement of the park entrance gate
- Moving runway 2 towards runway 1 so that runways 1 and 2, like the other runways, form one runway block.
- Renewing the gravel top layer. (Extensive research has shown that the bottom layer of the gravel is still in excellent condition)
- Renewing the intermediate tile paths between the courses
- Raising the wide tiled path between runways 4 and 5, so that a second terrace is created there. Consultations are still taking place about the design of that new terrace.
- Moving the practice cage / mini-lane to the rear of the path between lane 12 and lane 8.
- Preparatory groundwork for the placement of 2 padel courts at the location of the current practice cage.
This list lacks the renewal of the paving, while the asphalt looks bad here and there. The reason is that the future renovation of the clubhouse will require a lot of construction work with heavy equipment. This could possibly damage the new pavement. The paving work is therefore moved to the back of the construction process. Where necessary, we will repair the asphalt provisionally.
Construction work started on November 23, 2020 with the demolition of the fencing. Due to this early start, the work for the new season will be completed.